Kirk Freeport ended the year and the decade with a bang!
- It was Disco Mania at this years Hedge Funds Care Gala at The Ritz-Carlton! Attendees were decked out in their grooviest outfits to embody the 70s and raise funds for the children of the Cayman Islands. Kirk Freeport is always humbled to have the opportunity to contribute to such a worthy cause, providing a stunning Hearts On Fire piece for the live auction, and dozens of pieces into the silent auction.
- 15 members of Kirk Freeport woke up bright and early on October 6th to participate in the CIBC Walk for The Cure. It was a great morning supporting raising awareness and funds for the Cayman Islands Cancer Society. Not only do members of Kirk Freeport run, walk and donate their own funds, Kirk Freeport is proud to have been a silver sponsor of the event.
- October 27th was a busy morning for Kirk Freeport, at the Halloween 10-10-10 Road Relay & KRyS Global 30K Solo Run. Sayda & Laura participated in the relay while Carol ran the 30K solo impressively placing 3rd for her age group.
- On November 2nd Carol not only participated in the Breeze FM 10K but took 1st place in the women’s category and 2nd place in her age group!!
- Pirates Week is always a special time in the Cayman Island’s, this year’s celebration was without exception – the talent, performance, costumes, and spirit was extraordinary! We take pride in being able to contribute to such a cherished and unifying event.
- Two members of Kirk Freeport participated in the 7th annual Pete Ribbins Memorial Ride which started at Governor’s Harbour riding 40K to raise funds for Jasmine (formerly Cayman Hospice Care).
- December started with the annual Cayman Islands Marathon which five members of Kirk Freeport participated in. Our teams love for athletics is incredible and truly inspiring!
- Arrive Alive – the annual month long initiative to discourage drinking and driving during the holidays – is an important and worthy cause that we were happy to donate two gift vouchers to. The pledge was to not drink and drive, always have a designated driver and on New Year’s Eve to take the Purple Ribbon bus home. Did you take the pledge, because we did!
- It wouldn’t be December without our annual Christmas on Cardinall event! Each year we have some much joy preparing and hosting the event for the community of Cayman. The street was closed to accommodate the masses of people who attended. From the very young to our seniors, everyone enjoyed the entertainment, refreshments, face painting, visit with Mr. & Mrs Claus, snow falling and ending the night watching fireworks go off along the shore in George Town!
We are honored to have been a part of and lend our support to the community of the Cayman Islands through 2019 and the entire decade. Thank you for being a part of the Kirk Freeport community, we can’t wait to see what is in store for Kirk Freeport in the new year and decade!